Lander & Rogers offers challenging and rewarding career prospects for legal secretaries, who represent one of the key structures of support for our legal practice groups.
The Graduate Legal Secretary Program is your opportunity to play an integral role in the seamless delivery of legal services to our firm’s clients and establish a rewarding career.
Our Graduate Legal Secretary program runs for 12 months and is built on three practice group rotations, each of four months duration for Melbourne and four practice group rotations, each of three months duration for Sydney. It is designed to:
- assist you with the development of broad secretarial skills
- expose you to different opportunities and experiences
- help you decide your preferred area of law
- provide opportunities for career progression
The rotations are a great opportunity to sample work in a few different areas of law. You will be teamed with a mentor and a buddy who will provide you with the training, coaching, feedback and support needed to develop your skills and assist your transition into the legal profession.
When your group rotations are completed, we will work with you to ensure a smooth transition into a permanent role with the firm.
How to apply
||6 August 2012
||24 August 2012
||10 September – 14 September 2012
Please send your letter of application, CV and academic results to Amy Goodrope, HR Advisor via our Career Opportunities page.
What we're looking for
We’re seeking friendly, energetic, enthusiastic, team oriented people who have:
- a minimum of a Certificate III in a Business Administration and/or an Advanced Diploma of Business (Legal Practice)
- a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
- strong communication skills
- customer service experience.
What do we offer?
- Job satisfaction and a supportive work environment
- Structured Learning & Development programs
- A challenging and rewarding career
- Opportunities for genuine career progression
- Competitive salaries
- Opportunities to be involved in the strategic operation of the business
- Financial assistance for further study that is relevant to your role
It's not all about work though!
We encourage our staff to get involved in community-based activities. We also offer networking opportunities and a range of sport and lifestyle activities (like yoga, bootcamp, netball and massage), as well as regular social and family events.
To find out more about our Graduate Legal Secretary Program, check out our Graduate Legal Secretary Opportunities brochure (Melbourne brochure | Sydney brochure) or contact:
Jenilee Bell | Human Resources Coordinator
+61 3 9269 9459