Sport and events
Lander & Rogers has practised in the area of sport and events law for many years and our lawyers are widely recognised as leaders in the field.
Our clients include international, national and state sporting organisations, professional sporting clubs, government sport and recreation departments and agencies, sport and recreation facility managers and event managers.
Our market leading sports law practice is totally industry-focused. Our team combines its specialist legal knowledge with a strong involvement in, and understanding of, the sports industry and the issues affecting it. Our unique position means we can help our clients succeed in this increasingly complex area.
Our services include:
- commercial contracts and arrangements including sponsorship, advertising and e-commerce agreements
- risk management and insurance
- advice on appropriate governance, management and constitutional structures
- policy development in areas such as doping, member protection, privacy and selection
- advice on personal injury and negligence in sport
- advice on the development, protection and exploitation of sports rights including intellectual property and broadcast rights
- advice on competition and league structures
- advice on event and venue management including leases, club facilities and property development
- competition and fair trading law issues
- dispute resolution, tribunals and litigation including Court of Arbitration for Sport matters
Our long-established reputation in sports law is complemented by considerable experience in providing legal services to national and international event managers and event rightsholders. We have the know-how and enterprise to ensure our clients consistently operate efficient and profitable events.
Our services include:
- commercial contracts and arrangements
- event risk management and insurance
- advice on event vehicle structures including governance
- advice on event rights protection and exploitation
- advice on all event venue related issues
- event entry terms and conditions
Client success story
We advised a major Australian national sporting organisation on the restructure of is professional league. This included the amalgamation of a number of legal entities and the effective creation of a new league including all relevant contractual and intellectual property arrangements.
We prepared and advised on the development and implementation of the risk management program for a major multi sport, multi venue event. The event was a success with all risks successfully managed.