Employment Practices Liability & WHS claims
Lander & Rogers is highly regarded for its expertise in employment, anti-discrimination, industrial relations and safety law, which allows us to provide our insurer clients with a unique Employment Practices Liability (EPL) and Work Health & Safety (WH&S) service offering.
Our team comprises lawyers from across our Insurance and Workplace Relations & Safety practices, which means we are well placed to effectively manage the best interests of our insurer clients and their insureds.
Our EPL team advises extensively on coverage and litigated matters. EPL claims can be highly emotional and require careful management to ensure minimum disruption in the workplace. Our work in this area involves advising on and acting in claims for:
- unfair dismissal
- breaches of the general protections under the Fair Work Act (adverse action)
- unlawful termination
- workplace bullying
- discrimination and harassment
We regularly appear in all jurisdictions including the High Court, Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission, Supreme Courts, County Courts, Magistrates Courts, Anti-Discrimination Boards, Commissions and Tribunals.
We also provide advice, support and litigation services in relation to all aspects of WHS claims, including:
- reviewing and improving clients' health and safety systems and workplace governance in relation to achieving compliance or industry best practice
- advising on improved management of personal safety obligations of board members, executives and senior managers
- providing immediate assistance following a workplace incident, to help clients manage interactions with the regulator and other investigating agencies to effectively protect their legal interests
- representing clients in all legal proceedings including prosecutions, administrative reviews and coronial inquests following workplace incidents