Amy is a passionate family lawyer, having practised exclusively in family and relationship law since her admission. She prides herself on providing clients with clear and empathetic advice during their separation. Amy strives to settle matters without the need for litigation, but otherwise aims to direct clients through the court system in a way that makes them feel supported, empowered and informed throughout the process.
Amy holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) from the University of Wollongong. She also spent a semester studying at the University of Leeds, England and studied at Michigan State University for a short course in International Litigation and Arbitration.
During her studies, Amy worked at a multidisciplinary law firm where she gained experience in family law, as well as the many areas of practice that intersect with family law. Following her admission Amy worked in a boutique law firm that specialises in family law and in the Sydney office of a national commercial law firm.
Amy's areas of experience include:
- property matters including asset pools with multiple corporate and trust structures and high-net-worth clients
- parenting matters involving serious allegations of family violence, complex mental health concerns, high conflict parenting arrangements and relocation applications
- spousal maintenance
- child support
- binding financial agreements for couples who are married or in a de facto relationship (or in contemplation of same)
- divorce applications
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution
Amy's career highlights include:
- advocating for and negotiating on behalf of clients at alternative dispute resolution events, and successfully reaching settlement without the need for further litigation
- acting in complex parenting matters in which clients have experienced family violence and matters involving drug and alcohol abuse
- acting in court proceedings where final property and parenting orders were made, and subsequently achieving a Costs Order for the client