Cheryl practices exclusively in family and relationship law.
Cheryl is passionate about applying her skills, knowledge and business acumen to achieve innovative, practical and commercial outcomes tailored to individual clients.
Cheryl is of Malaysian Chinese and Singaporean Chinese background and is proficient in Hokkien.
Cheryl has national and international experience and where appropriate, she works strategically with lawyers in international jurisdictions to attain the best possible outcome for clients.
Cheryl's areas of experience include:
- preparing Binding Financial Agreements prior to, or at the commencement of a relationship or marriage; during a relationship or marriage; and after a relationship or marriage breakdown;
- divorce proceedings;
- spousal maintenance;
- child support (including Binding Child Support Agreements and Child Support Departure Orders);
- parenting arrangements for the care of children; and
- international matters including:
- matters involving assets and liabilities in Singapore, China and the United States of America
- matters with concurrent litigation in Singapore and the United States of America.
She has previously volunteered at the Women's Legal Service of Australia, assisting with family law matters.
Prior to practising exclusively in family and relationship law, Cheryl attained multi-disciplinary legal experience in family law, property law, wills and estates and general commercial law.
Cheryl's career highlights include:
- handling complex, high-value financial and property settlements (through negotiation, mediation and litigation) including where there are third-party interests, loan agreements, corporate structures, family trusts or businesses; and
- successfully obtaining Contravention Orders from the Family Court of Australia on an undefended basis.