Contact details+61 3 9269 9126
Practice groupFamily & Relationship Law
Dara has broad experience in family law and has for many years acted for private clients on a range of complex family law and litigation matters across Australia. Dara commenced her family law career in 2011 working at a large boutique family law firm in Canberra where she gained extensive experience in advocacy, international family law matters and complex litigation including first instance litigation and appeals. Dara has also worked in the human rights capacity in a number of different international settings. Prior to her admission to legal practice Dara worked as a legal intern at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Tanzania. She has also worked for not-for-profit organisations both in Australia and overseas, including in the Solomon Islands and Nicaragua.
Since 2014 Dara has based her family law practice in Melbourne, however she continues to represent clients across Australia, including in the Family Court of Western Australia, Sydney and Canberra. She has a number of clients who reside around Australia as well as overseas.
Dara has previously practiced as an Estate Planning Lawyer and she continues to bring this perspective to her family law practice.
Whilst Dara has a great deal of experience in complex litigation matters she is also trained and experienced in alternative forms of dispute resolution such as Collaborative Law.
Dara's areas of expertise include:
- complex property and financial matters;
- spousal maintenance;
- de facto matters, including property settlement and cohabitation and separation agreements;
- financial agreements;
- international aspects of family law matters;
- settlements (including negotiated agreements, mediation, collaboration and defended litigation);
- parenting arrangements (including alternative dispute resolution, private mediation, litigation and collaboration); and
- child support.
Dara joined Lander & Rogers in August 2016 and was admitted to practice in 2011.
- Bachelor of Arts, McGill University Juris Doctor, Melbourne University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, ANU
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Jewish Women's Legal Network