Contact details+61 3 9269 9647
Practice groupGeneral Insurance
Edward has advised and represented insurers and insured clients across a wide range of matters including health, professional negligence, liability, building and construction and financial lines.
Edward's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity;
- medical negligence;
- coronial inquests;
- building & construction disputes;
- public liability; and
- financial lines.
Edward's significant matters include:
- advising a public hospital on coronial and civil liability exposure during a police investigation into the fatal assault by a mental health patient of a relative;
- acting in various professional negligence claims, including representing public hospitals, private health professionals, software developers, lawyers, real estate agents, architects, geotechnical engineers and building surveyors in Victoria, NSW and Tasmania;
- enforcing contractual indemnities in multi-party personal injury actions and section 138 recovery proceedings brought by the VWA;
- providing indemnity advice in relation to claims under Directors' and Officers' Policies, including a claim arising out of class action and ASIC proceedings brought against a collapsed financial services business and a claim arising out of the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse;
- providing indemnity advice in relation to multi-million dollar property damage claims arising out of the collapse of a warehouse; and
- pursuing subrogated recovery actions against ex-employees convicted of embezzlement from their previous employers.
Edward joined Lander & Rogers in March 2012 and was admitted to practice in December 2012.
LLB (Hons), BA, DipArts (Ancnt Lang) (University of Melbourne)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria