Edwina has valuable experience in commercial insurance litigation and insurance law. Edwina was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2011 and has practised exclusively in insurance litigation since this time.
Edwina has advised and represented Australian and international insurers and insured clients in coverage and litigation matters ranging from professional negligence, public and product liability, to construction and recovery claims.
Edwina has also worked on complex class actions, including the Black Saturday bushfires litigation and the Newcrest shareholder class action.
Edwina's experience includes:
- assisting in the defence of the Beechworth Black Saturday bushfire class action on behalf of Eagle Travel Towers
- assisting in the defence of the shareholder class action brought against Newcrest Mining Limited relating to breaches of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission Act 2001 (Cth) and the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- assisting in a significant recovery claim for Dalrymple Bay Coal Mine relating to a tele-chute incident at an off-land mine site
- advising on construction and fire damage claim against Brookfield Australia Investment Limited (formerly Multiplex Constructions Limited). A complex, multiparty claim was brought by a class of property owners and a body corporate after a fire in a multi-level apartment complex
- successfully defending a significant personal injury claim by a volunteer against Life Saving Victoria.