Contact details+61 3 9269 9645
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Jason practices in a wide range of construction, professional indemnity and general liability insurance matters. He acts for a range of local and international insurers in a wide variety of disputes. His experience involves disputes acting for various professionals in the building and construction industry as well as product liability, property damage and personal injury claims. Jason also pursues subrogated recovery claims for insurers and advises on policy interpretation and indemnity issues.
Jason's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity;
- building / construction disputes;
- product Liability / product recall;
- property damage (3rd party); and
- personal injury.
Jason's significant experience includes:
- acting for one of Australia’s largest builders in a Victorian WorkCover Authority recovery claim and common law actions for damages by a worker who allegedly sustained injury during the construction of a large-scale commercial precinct. The case involved highly technical expert evidence relating to appropriate methods of construction;
- acting for a plumber in a multi-party claim and proceeding before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for alleged negligent actions in providing plumbing works at residential premises;
- defending a supplier and manufacturer of roof trusses in relation to a defects claim, resulting in a withdrawal of that claim;
- acting for several manufacturers of appliances and whitegoods relating to allegations of fire damage caused by defective products and breaches of the Trade Practices Act and the Australian Consumer Law; and
- defending a floor board retailer in a proceeding involving owners of a luxury residential home and a complex dispute with the manufacturer of the timber floors.
Jason joined Lander & Rogers in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2010.
Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Member of Women in Insurance
Member of Australian Insurance Law Association