Contact details+61 2 8020 7828
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Jennifer has more than 16 years in commercial litigation, specialising in insurance litigation for the past 8 years.
Jennifer has expertise in construction, third party property damage, and product liability claims. She also has an extensive background in professional indemnity disputes, particularly defending claims against insured professionals such as accountants, actuaries, financial planners, stock brokers, solicitors, valuers, engineers, builders and architects.
Jennifer advises insurers on a range of coverage and subrogation/recovery issues, and has been involved in several complex multi party construction disputes, acting to protect the interests of the insured and insurer. She has a leading reputation for swiftly identifying and resolving complex coverage issues, and also undertakes claims involving fraud and product recalls.
Jennifer's areas of expertise include:
- Construction and Contract Works
- Professional Indemnity
- Property Damage (3rd party)
- Product Liability & Product Recall
- Coverage (stand alone)
Jennifer's significant experience includes:
- Acting for engineering consultants defending allegations of negligent design including working with multiple parties to try and identify an appropriate design solution to minimise costs and avoid litigation;
- Acting for a builder defending litigated claims for third party property damage arising from excavation/vibration including consideration of complex indemnity issues and allocation of liability between various potential defendants;
- Successfully denying liability on behalf of a crane operator in a $4mclaim arising out of the collapse of an industrial crane;
- Settling a liability claim made against an industry body by several claimants in relation to the flooding of agricultural land;
- Acting for an insurer investigating suspected fraud by an insured in relation to a fire at business premises leading to the claim being declined, then defending proceedings brought by the insured against the insurer;
- Advising a product supplier in relation to a claim for property damage and business interruption due to operational issues at a hospital caused by the product's alleged failure including conducting a detailed causation investigation and managing potential recovery claims.
Jennifer joined Lander & Rogers in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2002.
BA (Hons) University of Oxford
Member of Law Society of New South Wales