Contact details+61 3 9269 9378
Practice groupCompensation Law
Jon acts for the Victorian WorkSafe Authority and employers in all aspects of litigation arising from workers' compensation claims. From April 2000 to February 2001, he was seconded on a full-time basis to WorkSafe Victoria. There he assisted to establish systems for the management of common law claims and advised the Department of Treasury and Finance on a range of legislative and technical issues relating to the WorkCover scheme.
As an integral part of the Lander & Rogers' WorkCover team, Jon continues to consult to the WorkSafe Victoria on a regular basis, assisting with the management of its strategically significant claims, advising on the proposed amendments to the Accident Compensation Act and assisting to implement management systems following legislative change, including the drafting of Ministerial Directions.
Jon is recognised in the 2013 - 2019 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Occupational Health & Safety Law, and in the Melbourne 2015 edition of Doyle's Guide as a Recommended WorkSafe & Workers Compensation Lawyer.
Jon's areas of expertise include:
- accident compensation matters;
- advice on legislative change;
- advice on claims and management strategies;
- the drafting of Ministerial Directions; and
- Accident Compensation Act, including new and old Act claims.
- Law Institutes' Accident Compensation Committee.
- WorkSafe Victoria's Legal Liaison Committee.
- County Court WorkCover Users Group.