Julie is an insurance litigation specialist with public liability and professional indemnity expertise.
Julie's primary expertise is in the conduct of complex liability claims. She has also defended a number of product liability and property damage claims.
In addition, Julie has considerable expertise in the area of medical negligence and health law, in particular concerning allied health professionals.
Julie is one of the Sydney liability team's most experienced lawyers, having practiced as an insurance litigator for 13 years. She has a reputation in the market for being a highly effective yet commercially sensible litigator.
Julie is known for her ability to digest and synthesise highly complex factual material and get to the nub of the technical issues enabling her to deliver commercially sensitive advice to her clients and to formulate innovative and commercial strategies for claim resolution. She has a proven track record of achieving excellent settlement outcomes.
With a background in medical science, Julie has a unique understanding of catastrophic injury claims and medical negligence/allied health claims. Her specialist background means she is well placed to manage such claims.
Julie's experience includes:
- defending all litigated professional negligence claims brought against physiotherapists in New South Wales under the BMS binder
- acting for a document remediation company defending a large property damage claim relating to the growth of mould on documents
- running multiple files arising out of a catastrophic industrial accident that occurred in the construction of a railway
- acting for an international boat manufacturer defending a product liability claim in relation to amphibious vessels
- acting for large pathology companies defending medical negligence claims relating to incorrect diagnosis and mislabeling of specimens
- acting for the consigner of goods defending a criminal prosecution and road compensation order brought by RMS under the Road Transport legislation for property damage to the M5 tunnel in Sydney caused by an over height truck entering the M5 tunnel
- acting for a design consultant in relation to a claim by a child who was struck by a bus, while crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing. The child suffered a severe traumatic brain injury.