Contact details+61 3 9269 9431
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Kathleen has practiced exclusively in personal injury and insurance litigation. She has experience in conducting matters involving occupier's liability, statutory recovery actions, worker's compensation, product and public liability as well as asbestos and dust disease claims. Kathleen also has experience in acting in high profile and sensitive personal injury matters including institutional and sexual abuse claims requiring careful strategic management.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Kathleen was a Senior Associate in the General Insurance team at a mid -tier firm and prior to this worked as a plaintiff lawyer at a major international law firm . This experience has provided her with a unique and valuable insight into litigation from the plaintiff’s perspective enabling her to identify early settlement opportunities.
Kathleen's areas of expertise include:
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- Statutory Recovery Actions
- Coronial Inquests
- Public and Products Liability
- Asbestos and Dust Disease Claims
- Institutional and Sexual Abuse matters
Kathleen's significant experience includes:
- Defending claims in respect of workplace injuries, including common law damages claims and section 138 recovery actions brought by the Victorian WorkCover Authority.
- Defending occupier's liability claim including ‘slip and trip’ claims brought by patrons of shopping centres, cafes and business operators.
- Defending hotels, security providers, theatre and restaurant operators against personal injury and property damage claims, including assault claims.
- Defending public liability claims made against building operators, engineers, manufacturers, builders and contractors.
- Defending claims in respect of asbestos related diseases.
- Conduct of coronial inquests and defending claims for compensation to relatives for nervous shock claims.
- Conduct of claims involving high profile and highly sensitive subject matters including institutional and sexual abuse claims.
Kathleen joined Lander & Rogers in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2013
Bachelor of Arts (Politics) / Bachelor of Law (Hons), Monash University
Member of Law Institute of Victoria
Member of Women in Insurance
Member of Australia Insurance Law Association