Contact details+61 2 8020 7643
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Mark has practised in the workplace relations area since 1993. He advises and represents a wide array of clients across government and various industries in all aspects of workplace relations, including individual employment matters (negotiating and preparing employment contracts, performance and conduct issues in the course of employment and termination of employment); statutory rights and obligations in relation to employment (application of the Industrial Relations Act 1996 (NSW), Fair Work Act 2009, anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws and Corporations Act); industrial disputes and enterprise bargaining; strategic change management (restructures and introduction of workplace change); and workplace health and safety.
Mark is recognised in the 2016 - 2019 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Labour and Employment Law.
Mark's areas of expertise include:
- post employment restraints and confidential information;
- management of disputes and claims within the NSW industrial jurisdiction;
- strategic change management issues;
- workplace investigations; and
- workplace health and safety.
Mark's recent significant experience includes:
- defending unfair dismissal applications in the NSW Industrial Relations Commission, including appearing in conciliation conferences, jurisdictional hearings and contested hearings, on behalf of NSW Ambulance, NSW Health Districts and other NSW Government agencies;
- appearing in industrial dispute proceedings before the NSW Industrial Relations Commission on behalf of NSW Government agencies;
- acting for a large international corporation in alleged breach of contract proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW.
Mark was admitted to practice in 1992 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2003.
BEc/LLB (University of Sydney)
- Member of the Industrial Relations Society of NSW and the New South Wales Law Society.