Contact details+61 7 3456 5123
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Rebecca has broad experience in insurance law and commercial litigation and has for many years acted for insurers, financial institutions and corporations on a range of coverage and litigation matters. She qualified in 2006 and spent approximately three years working in general litigation before moving to an insurance-based practice specialising in professional indemnity insurance and litigation.
Rebecca's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity;
- health practitioner claims;
- financial services litigation;
- recovery of debts; and
- general litigation.
- acting in various professional negligence claims, including representing solicitors, accountants, auditors, financial advisors and insurance brokers in multiple Australian jurisdictions;
- acting for health professionals in relation to disciplinary matters;
- acting for solicitors in defence of claims arising from a range of legal practice areas (including breach of trust and fiduciary duties, professional negligence, conveyancing and property disputes);
- acting for a football club in relation to a claim by a former employee for misleading and deceptive conduct relating to contractual negotiations;
- managing both small and large scale general litigation disputes at State and Federal levels including in trial divisions and on appeal; and
- providing complex indemnity advice involving multiple insurance policies.
Rebecca joined Lander & Rogers in June 2015.
LLB (Hons) (QUT)
BBus (Accountancy) (QUT)
BHlthSc (Nutr & Diet) (Hons) (QUT)