Contact details+61 3 9269 9579
Simon is an experienced corporate advisory and commercial disputes resolution lawyer, with a specialist practice in sports law. He is a key member of the firm's Sports Business Group and Sport, Leisure & Tourism sector.
Simon combines his passion for sport with his in-depth understanding of the industry to provide commercial solutions for his clients. He advises national and state sporting organisations, professional sports clubs, racing clubs, major event organisers, venue managers and government sport, and recreation and tourism departments.
Simon is also a former member of the Victorian Institute of Sport sailing team.
Simon's areas of expertise include:
- drafting and advising on commercial contracts and arrangements;
- corporate governance;
- constitutions and other board and director issues;
- Corporations Act and Associations Incorporation Act advice;
- organisational policies including member protection, child safety, inclusion;
- anti-doping, betting and integrity;
- sports arbitration and dispute resolution, including the Court of Arbitration for Sport;
- selection disputes;
- disciplinary matters;
- privacy legislation and the handling of personal information;
- competition and league structures;
- freedom of information applications and decisions;
- risk management processes; and
- development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property.
Simon was admitted to practice in 2013 and joined Lander & Rogers in March 2013.
LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. (Deakin University)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association
- LIV Commercial Law Section: Sports Law Committee
- LIV Sports Law Interest Group