Contact details+61 3 9269 9122
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Ari is an insurance litigation specialist with class action expertise. Ari is the lead advisor for many of the firm's insurer clients in the property, casualty, energy, and recoveries classes. He has a sophisticated and highly effective approach to litigation and is an accomplished negotiator.
Ari is known for his expertise in handling complex litigated claims, including several class actions across Australia. For more than 25 years he has negotiated successful outcomes for insurers in many of Australia's highest profile claims. Clients trust his wisdom and experience.
He has successfully resolved claims ranging from catastrophic personal injury, oil and gas processing, mine collapses, large scale infrastructure projects, and high profile and highly sensitive personal injury claims.
Ari's areas of expertise include:
- commercial property;
- Industrial Special Risks (ISR);
- public and products liability;
- construction/contract works;
- subrogation; and
- class actions.
Ari's career highlights include:
- Queensland floods class action
- Falls Festival crowd crush class action
- Victorian bushfires class actions
- Varanus Island gas explosion class action
- Essendon Direct Factory Outlet plane crash litigation
- Myer Hobart flood litigation
- Tullamarine Freeway Project power outage litigation
- Australian Grand Prix catastrophic injury litigation
Ari joined Lander & Rogers in March 1995
BA (Hons) LLB (Hons) - Monash University
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group.
- NSW Claims Discussion Group.
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance.
- Recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia (2013 - 2020) for Insurance Law
- Recognised in Chambers Guide to Leading Asia-Pacific Lawyers for Insurance Law
- Leading Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) - Doyle's Guide, 2017 - 2018