Contact detailsT: +61 2 8020 7778 | M:+61 411 737 733
Deanna is an experienced M&A, corporate and commercial lawyer across a broad range of sectors, including strong technical expertise in the resources sector. She has worked in both private practice and for seven years as general counsel at the Australian resources investment vehicle of Mitsubishi Corporation. While at Mitsubishi, she sat alongside the commercial and finance teams and advised in respect of all aspects of investment, investment governance, contractual enforcement, M&A and across all the legal needs of a head office.
Deanna's areas of expertise include:
- establishment advice for foreign investors;
- medium and large scale corporate and asset acquisitions and divestments;
- supporting startup and scale-up entities from establishment through to exit;
- corporate governance and general corporate compliance;
- commercial contracting (including incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures, shareholder agreements, commercial agreements, major contracts and MOUs);
- contract review and negotiation; and
- contract dispute resolution.
Chambers & Partners Asia-Pacific 2019 notes Deanna as being "calm under pressure" and possessing "an exceptional legal mind". She was recommended in 2017 Doyles Guide as a Leading Energy & Resources lawyer.
Deanna joined Lander & Rogers in April 2014.
- General Management Program - Harvard University, Boston, USA, 2012
- Company Directors Course - Australian Institute of Company Directors, 2008
- Masters of Law and Management - University of New South Wales and Australian Graduate School of Management, May 2003
- LLB (Hons) - University of Western Australia, 1993
- BComm - University of Western Australia, 1993
- 2013-14 National President and Board member of AMPLA - The Resources and Energy Law Association, Australia's pre-eminent organisation for resources and energy lawyers
- "Joint Ventures in Australia - Usage in mining and energy and beyond", ACLA National Conference, 8 November 2008
- "Industry think tank - Mining, energy, resources, project management and construction", Facilitator, ACLA National Conference, 11 November 2010