Dominic is a senior associate in our corporate practice group with experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, financing and securities, and foreign investment across various industries.
Dominic primarily advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, financing and securities, and foreign investment.
On M&A transactions, Dominic has experience managing complex legal due diligence projects involving multiple jurisdictions and is able to manage several moving parts calmly and efficiently.
Through his in-house experience at RSL LifeCare, Dominic has developed a good understanding of clients' commercial needs and has a great ability to translate complex or large parcels of data into a substantially more client-friendly product. He has a unique sense of how to think about and present legal advice to internal stakeholders and has an excellent track record of managing client expectations before and during an instruction.
Dominic's areas of expertise include:
- corporate and asset M&A
- foreign investment
- financing and securities
- supporting start-up entities from establishment through to exit
- joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, and
- corporate governance and general corporate compliance
Dominic's career highlights include advising and acting for:
- ARA Asset Management on the Australian law aspects of its acquisition of a majority interest in Asia Pacific logistics specialists LOGOS
- Isaac Property Group and Jordan Kennedy of Pitcher Partners on the acquisition and restructure of the Boathouse Group
- Polar Capital on the Australian law aspects of its acquisition of a majority stake in the car and campervan rental business from New Zealand-based JUCY Group
- various foreign listed and unlisted companies including ARA Asset Management, CapitaLand Limited, Coca-Cola Amatil, Philip Morris International, and Uniqlo on the requirements of the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975 in relation to proposed acquisitions of Australian assets and shares in Australian entities and acting for these clients on Foreign Investment Review Board applications
- Pro-invest Group on its financing and security arrangements for the construction and operation of their Holiday Inn Express projects across Australia with both Australian banks and offshore lenders
- employee on-boarding tech company Enboarder on its "flip up" from an Australian company to a US company and the Australian aspects of the subsequent Series A investment
- tech start-ups including LikeFamily, Rate It and DMPG with the implementation of employee incentive plans and shareholder agreements, and
- the Mental Health Legal Centre in Victoria to process map their accreditation as a community legal centre, advise on corporate governance issues and prepare a suite of policies for internal use