Contact details+61 3 9269 9141
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Gavin specialises in professional indemnity and product recall claims, but has significant experience across a number of areas. Gavin has acted for local insurers and London underwriters, has practised in both Victoria and New South Wales and has appeared in and conducted litigation in various Australian courts and jurisdictions, including the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Court of Appeal.
Gavin has strong experience and connections within the market and regularly works with multinational insureds, brokers and insurers.
Gavin's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity, including accountants, auditors, financial services professionals, real estate professionals, tax professionals and others;
- product recall, including the automotive sector, chemicals/herbicides and others;
- investigations and inquiries, including Royal Commissions and liquidator's examinations;
- crime and fidelity claims;
- employment practices liability, including discrimination, general protections and unfair dismissal;
- OHS claims and investigations;
- intellectual property, in particular copyright;
- incorporated associations, such as cultural or sporting organisations;
- property damage; and
- public liability.
Gavin joined Lander & Rogers in 2005 and was admitted to practice in 2006.
LLB (Honours)/BA (Monash)