Contact details+61 2 8020 7603
Practice groupReal Estate & Projects
James has extensive experience in commercial real estate law, focusing on development, sales and acquisitions, complex leasing transactions, major infrastructure projects, subdivisions, easements and covenants, rail and road corridor protection, and property management.
James acts for a large range of both private and public sector clients, including listed and unlisted property funds, retailers, developers, financial institutions, insolvency professionals, state and federal government agencies and departments, and local councils. His clients include Department of Defence, NSW Government transport cluster agencies (such as TfNSW, Sydney Trains and RMS), Department of Planning and Environment, Landcom, Council of the City of Sydney, Lendlease, Dexus, SUEZ Australia, and GPT.
James' clients appreciate his ability to combine his strong technical legal expertise with a thorough understanding of their business and objectives, and the legal and regulatory framework in which they operate. He is known for being approachable, responsive and able to deliver succinct advice in response to relevant commercial concerns.
James' areas of expertise include:
- development of real property assets at all stages of the development life-cycle, including greenfield and brownfield development projects;
- sales and acquisitions of land and interests in land, including land with environmental issues such as contamination;
- leasing transactions, including complex agreements for lease and lease (retail, commercial and industrial);
- major infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on road and rail projects;
- subdivisions of land, including strata, stratum and paper subdivisions;
- easements, covenants and restrictions on use;
- rail and road corridor protection;
- property management, including preparation of property management agreements and tender documentation;
- compulsory acquisition of land and interest in land;
- real estate due diligence;
- crown land matters; and
- tenancy disputes.
James was admitted to practice in December 2014 and joined Lander & Rogers in June 2018.
BBus/LLB - Southern Cross University
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the NSW Young Lawyers Property Law Committee