Contact details+61 3 9269 9145
Practice groupFamily & Relationship Law
Byron is an accredited family specialist and has practised exclusively as a family lawyer for over 17 years. He is of Chinese background and brings cultural understanding and sensitivity to his clients' matters.
Byron's practice extends to cross-jurisdictional matters involving countries such as China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Laos. This expertise enables him to navigate the complex issues that often arise from international family law matters.
Byron is committed to providing practical and strategic advice to all of his clients. He is a committee member of the Court Practice Committee and former committee member of the Children and Youth Issues Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria, and ensures that he is always up to date with changes in the area of family law.
Byron's areas of expertise include:
- complex property settlements involving multi-million-dollar property developers, companies, family trusts, loan agreements, resulting/constructive trusts and assets outside of Australia;
- asset protection though the use of financial agreements working in conjunction with estate planning and taxation experts; and
- living arrangements for children involving overseas custody arrangements and grandparents.
Byron was admitted to practice in 2001 and joined Lander & Rogers in July 2018.
- LLB (James Cook University) 1998
- Accredited specialist in Family Law
- Committee Member of the Court Practice Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Life Member of the Townsville Community Legal Service
- Former President and Life Member of the Townsville Chinese Club Inc