Contact details+61 2 8020 7801
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Sally has extensive experience working with clients in the public and private sector, in the areas of employment law, industrial relations, safety and administrative law. Sally prides herself on understanding the businesses of her clients to ensure that she always provides a practical and solutions-focussed approach.
Sally is a trusted advisor to many NSW government agencies having spent a number of years working in-house at a large NSW government agency both in the legal branch and the workplace relations team.
Sally is also an experienced litigator, having run litigation in a wide variety of Courts and Tribunals including the Supreme Court of NSW, the District Court, the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Fair Work Commission, the ICAC and the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW.
Sally's areas of expertise include:
- strategic employment and industrial relations advice;
workplace investigations and advising on matters involving employee misconduct;
providing advice about WHS issues, developing safety management policies and procedures and responding to safety incidents;
training officers about their due diligence obligations under the WHS Act;
drafting employment contracts and policies;
termination of employment strategies;
unfair dismissal and termination of employment claims;
unlawful discrimination claims;
assisting with the implementation of new industrial instruments; and
Sally's recent significant experience includes:
- undertaking a large workplace investigation for a major financial institution;
- advising Roads and Maritime Services on an industrial dispute involving a multi-million dollar claim for unpaid allowances;
- developing a safety management system for a large construction entity;
- representing the Department of Industry in unlawful discrimination proceedings involving an employee claim of discrimination on the ground of carer's responsibilities;
- representing a large retailer in Supreme Court proceedings involving the misappropriation by a former employee of an extensive volume of commercially confidential information;
- advising Sydney Trains on various employee misconduct matters and representing Sydney Trains in the unfair dismissal proceedings;
- assisting a large local council with the re-drafting of its industrial instrument covering wages and salaried staff;
- representing Roads and Maritime Services in the consolidation of a large number of outdated industrial instruments; and
- advising a major retail bank on the use of independent contractor arrangements to deliver services.
Sally regularly presents at client and external seminars on various aspects of employment law.
Sally was admitted in 2005 and joined Lander & Rogers in November 2017.
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Hons), University of Sydney Bachelor of Commerce, University of Sydney
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Director and Member of the Commercial Law Association of Australia
- Member of Womens Lawyers Association of Australia