Contact details+61 2 8020 7801
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Sally has over 12 years' experience working with clients in the public and private sector, in the areas of employment law, industrial relations, safety and administrative law. Sally prides herself on understanding the businesses of her clients to ensure that she always provides a practical and solutions-focussed approach.
Sally is a trusted advisor to many NSW government agencies having spent a number of years working in-house at a large NSW government agency both in the legal branch and the workplace relations team. Sally also represents clients in the finance and retail sectors.
Sally's areas of expertise include:
- strategic employment and industrial relations advice;
- workplace investigations and advising on matters involving employee misconduct;
- drafting employment contracts and policies;
- termination of employment strategies;
- unfair dismissal and termination of employment claims;
- unlawful discrimination claims;
- industrial disputes;
- assisting with the implementation of new industrial instruments; and
- workplace training.
Sally's recent significant experience includes:
- undertaking a large workplace investigation for a major financial institution;
- advising a NSW government agency on an industrial dispute involving a multi-million dollar claim for unpaid allowances;
- representing a government department in unlawful discrimination proceedings involving an employee claim of discrimination on the ground of carer's responsibilities;
- representing a large retailer in Supreme Court proceedings involving the misappropriation by a former employee of an extensive volume of commercially confidential information;
- advising a NSW government agency on various employee misconduct matters and representing them in various unfair dismissal proceedings;
- assisting a large local council with the re-drafting of its industrial instrument covering wages and salaried staff; and
- advising a major retail bank on the use of independent contractor arrangements to deliver services.
Sally regularly presents at client and external seminars on various aspects of employment law.
Sally was admitted in 2005 and joined Lander & Rogers in November 2017.
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Hons), University of Sydney Bachelor of Commerce, University of Sydney
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Director and Member of the Commercial Law Association of Australia
- Member of Womens Lawyers Association of Australia