Contact details+61 3 9269 9151
Practice groupFamily & Relationship Law
Rachell has over eighteen years' experience as a family lawyer having been admitted to practice in 2000. Rachell has been involved in all aspects of family law practice, however has considerable experience in complex property matters.
Rachell also has a particular interest in international aspects of family law, including overseas abduction and enforcement of overseas maintenance and child support Orders and has recently completed her Masters Degree in International Law. She has acted in a number of cases for ex-patriate Australians and also in property and parenting matters involving multiple jurisdictions, as well as matters in most States in Australia.
Rachell's areas of expertise include:
- matrimonial and domestic property matters particularly those involving complex corporate and trust structures; property matters involving third parties;
- drafting of financial agreements;
- property matters involving third parties, creditors and insolvency and bankruptcy matters;
- children's matters (residence, time arrangements and interstate and international relocation);
- child support (assessment and variation);
- intervention order matters in the Magistrates' Court; and
- advocacy in the Family Court and appearance on behalf of clients at mediations, round table conference and informal negotiations.
LLB (Hons) University of Melbourne
BComUniversity of Melbourne
LLM (Public and International Law) University of Melbourne
Memberships and Awards
- Previous Member of the Family Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee, and current member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
- Rachell is an Accredited Family Law Specialist having achieved such accreditation in 2005. She has previously served as a member of the specialisation advisory committee which assists with the drafting of the specialisation examination and subsequent marking of candidates.
- Rachell has had three articles previously published in the Law Institute of Victoria Journal and also in the United Kingdom Family Law Journal. She regularly contributes to the publication of bulletins and periodicals on behalf of the department.
- Rachell has authored a chapter in the "Laws of Australia” encyclopaedia in relation to professional ethics for Family Lawyers.
- Rachell has authored several articles and is a contributing Editor to Thomson Reuters "Laws of Australia" Encyclopaedia.
- Rachell is also a qualified national mediator.
- Rachell was ranked as a Rising Star - Family Law in Doyles Guide 2016 and ranked as a Recommended lawyer - Parenting and Children's Matters in Doyles Guide 2018