Ralph is an experienced litigator, specialising in insurance law and property, building and construction related disputes. He has acted for insurers, advising on complex coverage issues and pursuing subrogated recoveries concerning all types of construction and property related insurance, including professional indemnity, annual design and construct, project design and construction, contract works and ISR.
Ralph is known for his expertise in advising on complex coverage issues and handling complex litigated claims across the construction space. He has particular expertise advising on claims under contract works and professional indemnity policies arising out of major infrastructure projects.
Ralph's experience includes:
- acting as coverage counsel for a multinational insurance market on project specific professional indemnity policy for large power station project
- acting as defence counsel for a major engineering firm in respect of large mining project
- acting as defence counsel for a joint venture of three major engineering firms in respect of a major urban rail project
- advising London Underwriters on a professional indemnity insurance claim by a major Australian design and construct contractor regarding replacement of the façade of a large commercial office building
- acting for London Underwriters as coverage and defence counsel regarding a claim by a regional water corporation against a design and construct contractor for replacement of a waste water treatment system due to the inadequate capacity caused by defective design
- acting for property insurers, advising on both coverage and subrogated recovery arising out of major losses including a fire which destroyed a sprinklered dry goods warehouse and the collapse of a cement silo
- acting as coverage counsel for contract works’ insurers for claims in respect of damage to a variety of works including mining equipment, liquefied natural gas pipeline projects and a 16 hectare glasshouse project.