Vince is a partner in our Workplace Relations and Safety team. He practices in all aspects of employment, workplace relations, safety and discrimination. His practice extends to public and private sector clients across a broad range of industries.
Vince assists clients to minimise risk by providing strategic advice and support on employment, workplace relations, safety and discrimination matters. He also advises clients on the changes to the private sector whistle-blower laws and assists clients in managing and responding to protected disclosures.
Vince's areas of expertise include:
- advising on all aspects of the employment relationship including on issues relating to the termination of employment;
- acting for clients in litigious proceedings including in the Fair Work Commission, or in federal and state courts or other tribunals;
- the conduct of sensitive and complex investigations;
- advising clients on underpayment issues;
- advising clients on strategic workplace relations relating to major construction and resource projects;
- advising clients including their officers on their safety obligations and guiding and supporting them when responding to safety incidents;
- advising clients on how to manage and respond to protected disclosures made under the whistle-blower provisions of the Corporations Act; and
- advising on all aspects of discrimination law.
Vince's career highlights include:
- successfully acting for BHP in its defence of a general protections claim involving the use of a "scab" sign, which was pursued by the union to the High Court of Australia;
- advising on discrimination issues, including achieving regulatory compliance, relating to a major transport project in Queensland;
- acting for John Holland in relation to protracted industrial disputation including proceedings in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court;
- representing a publicly listed company and its officers in the first Federal Court proceedings commenced after the changes introduced to the whistle-blower provisions of the Corporations Act;
- advising the special purpose vehicle of a PPP and its officers on their safety obligations in relation to a major infrastructure project;
- advising on workplace relations issues relating to Project Ichthys in the Northern Territory; and
- carriage of sensitive and complex workplace investigations for various public and private sector organisations.