Craig Henderson banner 01

Child support and registration of overseas orders

Support and maintenance of children is important for any separating parent, particularly when you may not continue to reside in the same country. Most jurisdictions, including Australia, impose a system of child support or maintenance with avenues available for enforcement and collection across borders.

As is the case for spousal maintenance orders, it is possible to register child support orders and arrangements in reciprocating jurisdictions with the Australian Government's Department of Social Services. This includes child support or maintenance in Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Malaysia, Philippines, India and USA among others.

Like more information?

  • Click here for more information about child support assessments and private agreements in Australia.

> Return to the Australian expats and international clients page


All services