Contact details+61 3 9269 9379
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Daniel is the Sector Leader for Lander & Rogers' Retail & Supply Chain team. While he practices across all sectors and industries, he has significant retail experience and works with many of Australia's largest retailers.
Daniel also heads up Lander & Rogers' national Workplace Relations & Safety group. He has practised in the areas of industrial relations and employment law for many years and his practice covers all aspects of these speciality areas.
Daniel has worked extensively across both the public and private sectors and has experience across a wide range of industries. His clients include Coles, Target, Myer, EnergyAustralia, Australia Post, Medibank Private, United Energy & Multinet Gas, Reece, Deakin University, Orica, and Government entities.
Daniel has acted in a number of significant post-employment restraint cases, and regularly assists employers to negotiate and finalise enterprise agreements in difficult and robust workplace environments. He has also provided advice on the engagement and termination of senior executives, including in relation to compliance with the complex termination benefits provisions in the Corporations Act 2001.
Daniel represented United Energy & Multinet Gas in a significant discrimination case which had implications for the roll out of smart meters across all households in Victoria. He has also recently advised several large companies on sensitive strategic issues related to enterprise bargaining.
He is recognised in the 2014 - 2019 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Labour and Employment law; listed in the 2017 - 2018 Doyle's Guide as a Leading Employment Lawyer (Employer Representation) - Victoria; recognised in the Chambers and Partners - Asia-Pacific and Australia guide 2017; and was a finalist for Most Client Focused Lawyer in the 2017 AFR Client Choice Awards.
Daniel's areas of expertise include:
- all aspects of the employment relationship, with a particular focus on business protection matters, including post-employment restraints;
- advising listed and non-listed companies on the employment and termination of senior executives, including in relation to termination benefits under the Corporations Act 2001;
- discrimination law;
- advising on strategic and substantive issues regarding enterprise agreements;
- managing all aspects of employment terminations, including claims in all jurisdictions;
- conducting sensitive and complex workplace investigations; and
- providing strategic advice on industrial disputes.
Daniel was admitted to practice in 2003 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2008.
LLB (Hons); BCom (University of Melbourne)
Chairman, Ivanhoe Grammar School
Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
Member of Industrial Relations Society of Victoria