Contact details+61 2 8020 7775
Jared advises leading Australian and international clients across their entire lifecycle, from setting up companies to advising on corporate transactions including mergers & acquisitions to joint ventures, financings and restructures. He also advises clients on their governance arrangements and employee incentive plan design and implementation, including effective tax structuring and Australian securities law advice.
Jared is actively involved in the startup space and has worked with a number of startup and scale-up companies, including Enboarder. He supports new businesses on their full legal requirements including setting up their corporate structure, documenting their ownership and governance arrangements, fund raising, negotiating important commercial contracts, privacy, and employee incentive arrangements. He is involved with the firm's partnership with YBF Ventures and the foundation of LawTech Hub by Lander & Rogers.
Jared's clients benefit from his international experience having spent eight years at a top international law firm in London with time in their Hong Kong office. Jared also understands client’s commercial needs and pressures with his two years in house experience at HSBC on two separate secondments. Jared helped manage HSBC's equity portfolio and represented its interests on the Boards of numerous companies in a variety of sectors. He also advised HSBC’s global investment banking team on legal and commercial issues relating to public and private transactions.
Jared's significant recent experience includes advising:
- Henderson Group on its merger with Janus Capital to create a leading global asset manager with a combined market cap of c.A$8 billion.
- First State Super in its successful bid for the StatePlus, a financial planning and pension fund business, from SAS Trustee Corporation.
- QBE Insurance (Australia) on the sale of its life insurance business to UK-funded, Australian start-up Integrity Group.
- Gallagher on the acquisition of Complete Financial Balance (an Australian based financial advisory business), and on its separate acquisitions of Finergy Solutions (a financial advisory business), Avantek (a FinTech business) and Super Advice (one of Australia's leading employee benefit consultants and corporate advisory groups).
- Australian and foreign listed and unlisted companies on employee incentive plans, including RELX, Paddy Power Betfair, Sportsbet, Gallagher, Kodak, Moly Mines, Redhill and Sophos.
- Heitman, a leading global real estate investor on its financings, joint ventures and settlements of various construction and development projects across Australia, including Waverley Gardens (Victoria), Edward Street (Brisbane) and Petrie Terrace (Brisbane).
- Abacus Property Group and Heitman on their financing and settlement of a construction and development project at King Street (Brisbane), as part of a joint venture arrangement.
- Pro-Invest Group on its land acquisition financing, construction financing and term financing (which usually involved syndicated facility agreements) and security packages in relation to the construction and operation of its Holiday Inn Express projects across Australia (including Southbank (Melbourne), Little Collins Street (Melbourne), Macquarie Park (Sydney) and Newcastle (NSW)).
- Goldwind in relation to various acquisitions and sales, commercial contracts and legal issues regarding its current and potential wind farm investments in Australasia.
Jared joined Lander & Rogers in March 2014.
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW
- MA (Hons) Law - University of Cambridge
- Distinction - Diploma in Legal Practice (England & Wales)