Contact details+61 2 8020 7775
Jared advises leading Australian and international clients on a range of corporate transactions from mergers & acquisitions to joint ventures, financings and restructures. Jared also advises clients on their governance arrangements and employee incentive plan design and implementation, including effective tax structuring and Australian securities law advice.
Jared's clients benefit from his international experience having spent eight years at a top international law firm in London with time in their Hong Kong office. Jared also understands client’s commercial needs and pressures having had approximately two years in house experience with HSBC on two separate secondments. Jared helped manage HSBC's equity portfolio and represented its interests on the Boards of numerous companies in a variety of sectors. He also advised HSBC’s global investment banking team on legal and commercial issues relating to public and private transactions.
Significant transactions on which Jared has recently advised include:
- Henderson Group on its merger with Janus Capital to create a leading global asset manager with a combined market cap of c.A$8 billion.
- First State Super in its successful bid for the StatePlus, a financial planning and pension fund business, from SAS Trustee Corporation.
- QBE on the sale of its life insurance business.
- Arthur J. Gallagher on its acquisition of Complete Financial Balance, an Australian based financial advisory business.
- Millrock Exploration Corporation on the sale of Alaskan mineral assets in exchange for ordinary shares in ASX-listed Coventry Resources.
- Moly Mines on its acquisition of the White Range copper project from ASX-listed Queensland Mining Corporation Limited.
- Goldwind in relation to various acquisitions and sales, commercial contracts and legal issues regarding its current and potential wind farm investments in Australasia.
- Advising Australian and foreign listed and unlisted companies on employee incentive plans, including RELX, Paddy Power Betfair, Sportsbet, Gallagher, Kodak, Moly Mines and Sophos.
- Pro-Invest on its syndicated facility agreements and security packages in relation to the construction and operation of its Holiday Inn Express projects across Australia.
- Payce on its financing and security arrangements in relation to its mixed-use development sites in Sydney.
- A number of "start-up" companies, for example Enboarder, in relation to all of their legal needs including setting up their corporate structure, documenting their ownership and governance arrangements, fund raising, negotiating important commercial contracts, privacy and employee incentive arrangements.
Jared joined Lander & Rogers in March 2014.
Qualifications Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW
MA (Hons) Law - University of Cambridge
Distinction - Diploma in Legal Practice (England & Wales)