Alistair is an experienced insurance lawyer specialising in general liability and personal injury claims. He has expertise in complex litigation including workplace, public liability, transport accident and statutory recovery claims.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Alistair worked as a special counsel in a leading insurance practice where he specialised in assisting and advising insurers with their casualty claims portfolio, including complex multi-party litigation.
Alistair's practice involves advising insurers on both litigated and unlitigated claims and includes complex advice ranging from coverage/indemnity to liability, quantum and claims management strategy. He has particular experience in appearing for clients at mediations and negotiating resolutions to optimise the claims management process.
Alistair's areas of expertise include:
- acting for insurers and insureds in public liability litigation involving personal injury
- defending complex multi-party workplace litigation including worker common law claims and statutory recovery claims
- acting for various building contractors in construction matters involving personal injury or property damage
- deep understanding of insurer client experience through secondments with private insurers
Alistair's experience includes:
- defending a swimming instructor in connection with a multi-million dollar catastrophic personal injury claim
- defending personal trainers and sport associations in personal injury claims
- successfully defending to verdict, a building contractor in connection with fire damage to a residential home. The claim involved multiple trade contractors, each alleged to have performed defective works
- acting for building contractors in response to personal injury claims
- successfully defending a tractor supplier in connection with a personal injury and property damage class action arising from a bushfire