Since 2003 Allison has been acting for a wide range of clients including insurers, corporate clients and private clients in an array of commercial and insurance related disputes. Allison's practice focuses primarily on casualty, public and products liability, and property damage related claims. She also has a strong practice in commercial disputes, including building and construction matters.
Allison takes a strategic and commercial approach to litigation with a focus on active claims management from initial consultation through to settlement or trial, ensuring reporting requirements are adhered to and that all stakeholders are kept regularly informed of developments and the opportunity for resolution where possible.
Allison's areas of expertise include:
- personal injury including all forms of occupational and environmental disease litigation;
- public and products liability;
- property damage;
- agricultural spray drift damage;
- professional negligence claims;
- commercial disputes and debt recovery;
- construction and engineering;
- work health & safety;
- regulatory investigations; and
- complex policy coverage and dual insurance issues.
Allison's career highlights include:
- advising and acting on behalf of a number of lead insurers in the UK and Australia in a wide variety of personal injury claims, with a particular focus on catastrophic claims and occupational and environmental disease related claims, including exposure to asbestos, harmful dust and toxic chemicals, including advising in respect of related regulatory investigations and prosecutions;
- advising and acting on behalf of a global mining company in relation to catastrophic injury claims and representation at coronial inquests;
- advising and acting on behalf of a lessee of livestock sale yards in respect of a collision between a motor vehicle and horses which had escaped from the yards in determining the scope and applicability of the common law principles enunciated by the House of Lords in Searle v Wallbank  AC 341 and the applicability of local laws and the statutory duty of the lessee - Hutton v RLX Operating Company Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 248;
- advising and acting on behalf of a leading global producer of electrical and fibre optic cable assemblies, electrical power cords and harnesses in relation to multiple historical noise claims;
- advising and acting for a Chinese product manufacturer in relation to a fatality following the failure of its product;
- advising and acting for a lead insurer in respect of large agricultural spray drift property damage claims;
- advising and acting on behalf of a retail and energy services provider in defending numerous high value property damage claims;
- advising and acting on behalf of a retail and energy services provider in numerous recovery actions; and
- advising Australia's leading employers on all issues relating to the prevention of work-related injury, incident response and related investigations / prosecutions by statutory authorities.