Diane leads the Victorian self-insurer practice. She is a trusted advisor to her clients. She has extensive legal experience, good business judgment and expertise in handling complex issues and regulatory requirements.
Diane has extensive specialist experience advising self-insurers on:
- employers' liability insurance under Workers' Compensation Act;
- employment law, Equal Opportunity and Fair Work Australia/Federal Court claims;
- dust diseases and toxic torts;
- claims management under Accident Compensation Act/Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act, including self-insurance audit requirements;
- review of long tail claimants for termination;
- statutory benefit entitlements, including advice, liaising with relevant business departments and drafting notices;
- revocation applications;
- litigated statutory benefit claims;
- impairment benefits claims, both pre-litigated and litigated;
- Medical Panel Referrals and Submissions; and
- serious injury/common law claims.
Diane is recognised in Best Lawyers (Australia) for her expertise in Occupational Health & Safety law and in the Doyle's Guide of Leading Victorian Workers Compensation Lawyers (Defendant).