Eleanor has broad experience in insurance litigation and has acted for Australian and overseas insurers and commercial clients on a range of coverage and litigation matters. Eleanor's specific experience is in professional indemnity matters, directors' claims and class actions.
Eleanor’s experience in solicitor's negligence claims spans a range of legal practice areas including family law, compensation law, commercial litigation, conveyancing, wills and estate, discrimination and insolvency.
Eleanor also acts for insured directors, accountants, brokers and other financial professionals in defence of a diverse range of claims.
Eleanor regularly acts for insurers and insured defendants in large scale litigation, as both defence and/or coverage counsel. She has expertise in class actions in both the financial lines and casualty space.
Eleanor's experience includes acting:
- in a novel discrimination claim arising from the events of a mediation
- in defence of a multi-million dollar claim against a law firm for its conduct of a proceeding spanning more than five years
- as coverage counsel in various shareholder class actions
- for the primary defendant in a directors’ duties matter valued at over $250M, regarding conduct of a family business empire over a 30 year period
- for insurers and/or insureds in relation to bushfire class actions arising from Black Saturday, the February 2016 Mickleham & Yarram fires and the St Patricks' day fires in 2018.