Steve is a partner in the firm's real estate group. Having acted on all sides of transactions for a variety of clients, he brings a balanced approach to document preparation and negotiation that helps clients swiftly identify and resolve potential transaction roadblocks.
Steve has more than 20 years' experience in a broad range of real estate transactions, including capital transactions, leasing, developments and the real estate aspects of corporate finance and infrastructure projects.
He has been recognised as one of Australia's top lawyers in Real Property Law by the independent peer survey Best Lawyers in Australia.
Steve's experience includes advising:
- various clients in relation to agreements for lease and leases of new commercial office headquarters, including EnergyAustralia, Target, United Energy and City West Water
- Stockland on various capital transactions and leasing matters, including the sale of a half interest in the Piccadilly Centre in Sydney to Investa; the sale of a half interest in Stockland Townsville to AMP; and leases of industrial and major retail premises
- various clients, including Kmart, Target, Bunnings and Coles, in relation to agreements for lease and leases of major retail premises around Australia
- Investa on agreements for lease and leases of premises in various commercial office buildings in Victoria, Queensland and WA
- Charter Hall on the acquisition of industrial premises.
- Quest on agreements for lease and leases of new serviced apartment complexes
- financiers and developers on land tenure issues for wind and solar farm projects in Victoria and NSW.