- Multi-award winning, innovation-focused law firm Lander & Rogers graduates five startups from six-month 2022 LawTech Hub program.
- Firm announces open applications for sixth program, kicking off in the second quarter of 2023.
"The LawTech Hub helped us understand where we sit in the legal tech space and how we can engage with law firms. We worked on aligning our methodologies and product features to suit the requirements of legal firms and got insight into what firms like Lander & Rogers are looking for." - Lachlan Burke and Afonso Firmo, co-founders of NetNada.
A select cohort of Australian and international startups spent the last six months deeply embedded within Lander & Rogers' tech and innovation space, growing and refining their businesses. The talented and diverse group was comprised of five startups:
- DraftWise, based out of New York, piloted its knowledge platform that helps lawyers draft, review and negotiate complex agreements faster and better.
- Halisok, headquartered in Brisbane, was able to trial and better position its software for law firms, which uses machine learning to extract key data locked in emails, PDFs and Word documents.
- BotL, located in Melbourne, refined its growth strategy and ideated new ways to sustainably scale its legal tech educational programs with universities and law firms across Australia.
- SettleIndex, from London, worked with Lander & Rogers' lawyers to test usability on its platform—litigation financial modelling that enables a lawyer to evaluate the value of a case.
- NetNada, out of Sydney, the LawTech Hub's first climate tech startup, worked on aligning the methodologies and product features of its AI-based software that automates the analysis of business carbon emissions.
Launched in 2019, the LawTech Hub by Lander & Rogers is the first program of its kind in Australia that brings together lawyers and entrepreneurs to design and build transformative legal technology. Over the course of the annual program, startups refine their problem statements and proofs of concept, pilot their technology, meet VCs and other funding avenues, and fast-track their business skills through masterclasses, culminating in a competitive pitch night.
Following graduation from the program, participants are welcomed into the Lander & Rogers family as alumni and invited to collaborate on unique projects, pitch new products to the firm and serve as mentors for future iterations of the LawTech Hub.
Some of Australia and the world's leading legal tech startups are alumni of the program, including legal automation and chatbot startup Josef; blockchain-based smart contracts startup, beNEXT; cloud-optimised data synchronisation platform, Syncly; recently acquired family law platform, FamilyProperty; automation and risk management software, 6clicks; and document-sharing platform, eBriefReady by TA Law, which is used by over 70% of Australia's top law firms.
As well as enhancing service delivery at Lander & Rogers, solutions that have come out of the LawTech Hub have revolutionised the way that global law firms and large corporations do business.
Lander & Rogers' Chief Executive Partner, Genevieve Collins said, "The LawTech Hub is proving to be a significant innovation for Lander & Rogers and for the Australian legal community. Scaling legal tech startups and integrating their solutions into our service delivery has meant we can provide the best law firm experience for our clients and our people. It is exciting that we are connecting our LawTech Hub startups with clients, industry partners, other law firms, courts and law schools to strengthen our collective digital capability."
Lander & Rogers has won, been named a finalist, and listed for dozens of awards for its commitment to innovation by organisations and publications including Lawyers Weekly, Australasian Lawyer, Financial Times, Australasian Legal Practice Management Association (ALPMA), and Australian Legal Technology Association (ALTA).
The LawTech Hub is accepting applications to join its sixth intake from Wednesday, 23 November 2022. Learn more and apply now.