Elon is an experienced construction lawyer who acts for developers, builders, subcontractors, consultants and project managers.
Elon helps clients with the preparation, negotiation and finalisation of construction contracts, consultancy agreements and related documentation. He also assists with ongoing contract administration assistance during a project to ensure that his client's interests are best served. Where necessary, Elon also helps clients with resolution of disputes both through informal means such as mediation, expert determination and Security of Payment adjudication applications, or through court proceedings.
Elon's recent experience includes:
- developing tender packages and drafting and negotiating contracts, minor works contracts and consultancy agreements for a national hardware retailer and various developers and builders
- advising numerous construction industry participants in connection with issues arising under various contracts
- acting for a subcontractor engaged to undertake two packages of work (contract sum in excess of $20 million) at the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, in three separate adjudication applications under the Security of Payment act (Victoria) to enforce its rights to payment, and in a subsequent Supreme Court proceeding
- acting for an overseas wind tower manufacturer to enforce rights under the Security of Payment Act (Victoria) against a Victorian developer
- acting for a quantity surveyor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in a $26 million claim by a financier for losses following the insolvency of the builder in the construction of an 18-storey mixed use building
- successfully negotiating a settlement in a breach of contract and negligence case on behalf of a global engineering consultancy firm where some 13 parties were involved in a massive environmental pollution dispute
- acting in numerous security of payment (New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria) adjudication applications on behalf of owners, contractors and subcontractors
- advising and acting for various developers, contractors and subcontractors in resolving disputes through informal means including arbitration, expert determination and mediation processes.