Contact details+61 7 3456 5151
Practice groupFamily & Relationship Law
Genevieve Dee is an Accredited Family Law Specialist who has practised exclusively in family and relationship law for 15 years. She is highly sought-after for her expertise in complex property matters, including those involving taxation issues, trusts, manufacturing companies, rural issues, intergenerational wealth and family businesses, and complex corporate structures.
Genevieve has developed a reputation as a leading family lawyer in relation to complex parenting matters, including matters involving family violence and child support issues.
Genevieve's focus is providing clients with practical and strategic advice to assist in the early resolution of matters so as to avoid the personal and financial costs of litigation, whenever possible. She assists clients in all aspects of family law, including parenting and property matters, de facto relationships, financial agreements, spousal maintenance and child support, and international family law matters.
Genevieve has been recognised by her peers for her expertise in both complex property and parenting matters and was recently recognised as Leading in all categories of the 2020 Doyle's Guide, including Family & Divorce Lawyers, High-Value & Complex Property Matters and Parenting & Children's Matters. She has also been recognised in the annual edition of Best Lawyers (Australia) since 2017.
Her accomplishments are also recognised through various awards including WLAQ's Emergent Lawyer of the Year Award and a finalist for WLAQ's Leneen Ford Woman Lawyer of the Year Award. She has also been named a finalist for Partner of the Year (Family Law) at the 2019 Australian Law Awards and a finalist for the Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist of the Year in 2019.
Genevieve has been a contributing author to the Family Law Master Guide (CCH), including the first edition, and regularly presents at local, national and international conferences on family law topics, including family business, asset protection and estate planning topics.
Genevieve's areas of expertise include:
- high net worth property settlements;
- financial agreements;
- international cross-border disputes involving property and children;
- property settlements and commercial advice;
- taxation implications of separations and settlements;
- all children's issues including parenting issues and child support;
- complex parenting matters including matters in which Genevieve has been appointed as the Independent Children's Lawyer;
- spousal maintenance;
- injunctions and restraining orders;
- domestic and family violence; and
Genevieve was admitted to practice in 2005 and joined Lander & Rogers in January 2020.
BA, University of Queensland
LLB, Queensland University of Technology
Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
National Mediation Accreditation (QUT)
- Member Queensland Law Society
- Member Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member Women Lawyers Association Queensland
- Member Committee of Management Women's Legal Service Queensland
Contact details+61 7 3456 5151