Hoda is a strategic and commercial legal advisor with over 15 years of experience advising on complex infrastructure projects and transactions in Australia and globally. Before joining Lander & Rogers, Hoda worked in the Projects practices of Australian and US top-tier law firms in Australia and the UAE and as a senior legal counsel at Lend Lease Engineering.
Hoda advises private sector participants, sponsors and government in the structuring, procurement and delivery of large-scale and complex projects across multiple infrastructure sectors, including energy transition, transport and social infrastructure.
Hoda's areas of expertise include:
- development, review and negotiation of key project documents for complex greenfield infrastructure transactions, including project agreements, development agreements, offtake agreements, EPC, O&M, D&C and construction contracts and corresponding downstream arrangements
- assisting governments on the procurement of new transmission infrastructure and generation and storage infrastructure, in particular in connection with renewable energy zones
- advising private sector participants, including project companies and contractors, on bids for government-procured infrastructure projects under public-private partnerships (PPP) delivery models
- advising sponsors on delivery models for the procurement of complex and large-scale infrastructure assets.
Hoda's career highlights include:
- advising Sun Cable on its $30 billion renewable energy project exporting power from Australia to Singapore, including advising on the procurement of the submarine cable
- advising Energy Corporation of NSW (EnergyCo) on the development of project definition and delivery reports to support the procurement and regulatory approval of the “first” Central-West Orana Renewable Energy Zone in New South Wales (CWO REZ) to be procured under a regulated PPP-concession model
- providing commercial advisory and tender evaluation support to AEMO Services Limited in respect of the procurement of solar, wind and long-duration storage projects for the CWO REZ
- advising Climate Fund Managers on its $50 million investment in Cleantech Asia Pte Ltd, a leading C&I development platform in South-East Asia, and related commercial arrangements, including EPC, O&M and development agreements;
- advising Renova on its investment in wind power projects in Vietnam, including joint investment agreements
- advising Macquarie Capital on its joint venture with STEAG to establish a South-East Asian power investment and development platform
- advising Berenberg Bank on the project due diligence for the mezzanine financing of the 300MW Rodds Bay Solar Farm in Gladstone, Queensland
- providing commercial advisory services and contract administration support to the Commonwealth Government in respect of the National Alternate Quarantine Centre development - Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth under a Managing Contractor model
- advising Lend Lease Engineering on its bids for WestConnex Stage 1 and 2
- advising various concession grantors and project companies on district energy projects throughout the Middle East under PPP / BOT concession models
- advising Macquarie Capital in respect of multiple Industrial City PPP projects in the United Arab Emirates.