Mark began practising in workplace relations in 1993 and has been a partner at Lander & Rogers since 2003. Mark focuses on providing timely, direct and practical advice to clients in the NSW Government and private sectors and to executives and senior employees.
Mark advises and represents clients in all aspects of workplace relations, including individual employment matters (negotiating and preparing employment contracts, performance and conduct issues in the course of employment, termination of employment and post employment restraints); statutory rights and obligations in relation to employment (Fair Work Act, anti-discrimination laws and Corporations Act); industrial disputes; strategic change management (restructures and introduction of workplace change); and workplace health and safety.
Mark is recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia for expertise in Labour and Employment law and in Doyle's Guide for recommended NSW work health and safety lawyers.
Mark's experience includes:
- defending unfair dismissal applications in the NSW Industrial Relations Commission, including appearing in conciliation conferences, jurisdictional hearings and contested hearings on behalf of NSW Government agencies
- appearing in industrial dispute proceedings before the NSW Industrial Relations Commission on behalf of NSW Government agencies
- acting for a company in proceedings before the NSW Supreme Court and NSW Court of Appeal which determined the enforcement of stepped or cascading post employment restraint clauses in this jurisdiction
- acting for a company in the leading Federal Court decision interpreting the application of the Independent Contractors Act
- advising foreign companies on establishing Australian operations and employment practices
- acting in employment liability matters on behalf of large insurers, particularly in discrimination law disputes
- acting for the NSW Department of Planning and Environment in prosecutions under the Work Health and Safety Act for contraventions in the mining industry.