Sally has extensive experience working with clients in the public and private sector, in the areas of employment law, industrial relations, safety and administrative law. She prides herself on understanding the business of her clients to ensure she provides a practical and solutions-focussed approach.
While Sally works with employers from a variety of industries, her practise has a particular focus on employers in the government and financial sectors. She is a trusted advisor to many government agencies, given her in-house legal and workplace relations experience at a large NSW government agency.
Sally is also an experienced litigator. She has run litigation in a variety of courts and tribunals including the Supreme Court of NSW, the District Court, the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Fair Work Commission, the ICAC and the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW.
Sally's areas of expertise include all matters relating to employment, discrimination, disputes and termination of employment, industrial relations and employee entitlements, defending underpayment claims, investigating workplace misconduct, providing training on all workplace issues, workplace health and safety advice and response to incidents.
She regularly presents at client and external seminars on various aspects of employment law.
Sally has been recognised by Best Lawyers for her employment law expertise. She is a member of the Women's Lawyers Association of Australia; the Commercial Law Association of Australia; and the Law Society of New South Wales.
Sally's experience includes:
- undertaking a large workplace investigation for a major financial institution
- advising a large government agency on an industrial dispute involving a multi-million dollar claim for unpaid allowances
- representing a financial institution in adverse action proceedings relating to the selection of employees for redundancy
- representing a government agency in a claim of unlawful discrimination on the grounds of carer responsibilities
- advising government on the implementation of machinery of government changes
- advising an ASX 200 company on various employment matters, an investigation and subsequent proceedings
- developing a safety management system for a large construction entity
- representing a large retailer in Supreme Court proceedings against a former employee for the misappropriation of an extensive volume of commercially confidential information
- assisting a local council with the re-drafting of its industrial instrument covering wages and salaried staff
- representing a NSW government agency with the consolidation of many outdated industrial instruments
- advising a major retail bank on the use of independent contractor arrangements to deliver services.