Daniel leads the firm’s national Workplace Relations and Safety team and the Retail and Supply Chain Sector team. He has practised in all areas of industrial relations and employment law for many years.
Daniel has experience across a wide range of industries in both the public and private sectors. His clients include Coles, Australia Post, Medibank Private, Myer, United Energy, EnergyAustralia, DXC Technology, Reece, Deakin University, The University of Melbourne and Government entities.
Daniel assists employers in robust workplaces to negotiate and finalise enterprise agreements. He acts in the challenging and complex area of post-employment restraint cases, and engagement and termination of senior executives. Daniel is also experienced in defending employment-related class actions.
Daniel regularly appears for clients before the Fair Work Commission and the various equal opportunity commissions and tribunals.
Daniel is recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia (2014–2020), and in Doyle’s Guide (2017–2019) as a leading employment lawyer. He is ranked in the Chambers Guide to Leading Asia-Pacific Lawyers; and was a finalist in both the AFR Client Choice Awards (2017) and Lawyers Weekly ‘Partner of the Year’ Awards (2019).
Daniel's experience includes:
- defending ISG Management in a significant class action alleging thousands of contractors were employees
- acting for DXC Technology in a post-employment restraint matter involving 13 employees who left to work for a competitor
- acting for Medibank Private in relation to the negotiation of several of its enterprise bargaining agreements
- acting for The University of Melbourne in its 2018 enterprise bargaining agreement
- negotiating for several large, listed entities in their arrangements with senior executives
- appearing for Myer at the Fair Work Commission in a contested industrial dispute
- defending United Energy in a discrimination case relating to 'smart meters'
- conducting several sensitive workplace investigations of senior employees.