Sybilla is a general liability and health law specialist. She acts for local and international insurers, and corporate insureds in a range of Australian and overseas jurisdictions.
Sybilla is a general insurance litigation lawyer, focusing on claims involving personal and catastrophic injury; historical sexual abuse; medical negligence; nervous shock and psychiatric illness; s.151Z recoveries; product liability and property damage.
Sybilla is known for her expertise in travel insurance claims, particularly in the application of pre-existing condition exclusions, and complaints brought against insurers from alleged breaches of Commonwealth and State and Territory Anti-Discrimination legislation.
Sybilla has a reputation for her client focus and sensible commercial advice.
She is recognised in Doyle's Guide as a Leading Public and Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in New South Wales.
Sybilla's experience includes defending:
- a detention centre operator in claims brought by detainees for personal injury and false imprisonment
- public liability claims across many sectors. These include claims against real estate agents; hotels and clubs; theatres; cruise ship operators; AV operators; shopping centres; abattoir operators; cleaners; underground services contractors; service stations; scaffolders; concreters; mine operators and mechanics
- public liability claims brought against sporting associations and organisations
- claims under the Australian Consumer Law against the manufacturers and distributors of sporting equipment
- public liability claims brought against festival and event operators, including the Australian licensee of Tough Mudder, arising from obstacle safety and appropriate crowd control
- claims against allied health professionals and medical practitioners
- claims brought against institutions arising from alleged historical sexual abuse.