Jason is an insurance and litigation lawyer and acts for a range of local and international insurers in a wide variety of disputes.
Jason practices in matters ranging from building and construction to professional indemnity and general liability. Specifically, he acts for a variety of building practitioners in professional negligence claims, including building surveyors and architects. He is also currently acting in claims involving flammable or combustible cladding. Jason is also experienced in cases of personal injury and property damage.
Jason's experience includes acting for:
- an architectural firm in a claim for cladding-related defects in a large residential block of apartments.
- a building surveyor in a multi-party claim before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. The claim for alleged negligence in approving a residential apartment complex was withdrawn by the applicants.
- a firm of draftspersons and building designers in a multi-party claim for defects and water ingress issues and cladding issues in a large residential apartment complex.
- an architect in relation to an Architects Registration Board Victoria complaint made by the owners of a luxury residential home.
- an architectural firm in a claim for alleged negligence in the design of basketball courts.