Peggy has practised exclusively in superannuation and financial services for more than 20 years. She has particular experience with public offer superannuation funds and public sector superannuation funds, as well as successor fund transfers.
Until 1989, Peggy worked as a lawyer in the USA, advising employers on employee benefit arrangements. This work involved developing and designing pension plans, welfare benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Peggy was a partner and later a consultant at a large Australian-based international law firm.
Peggy's areas of expertise include:
- analysing the requirements of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth), including RSE Licensing requirements;
- evaluating indemnity insurance policies for boards and directors;
- litigation concerning superannuation issues, particularly judicial review of ASIC, APRA and SCT decisions;
- advising employers about their Superannuation Guarantee and choice of fund responsibilities;
- advising trustees on successor fund transfer obligations;
- attending to superannuation issues in commercial mergers and acquisitions;
- helping financial services entities comply with Corporations Act requirements, including licensing and disclosure;
- advising boards on governance matters; and
- assisting trustees of superannuation funds in complying with RSE licence conditions and negotiations with APRA.
Peggy was a consultant to the federal government's 2010 "Cooper Review" of the Superannuation System and was also appointed as a member of the Peak Consultation Group to advise government on implementation of the Stronger Super reform package.
Peggy was named "Lawyer of the Year" 2019 for Investment Funds and "Lawyer of the Year" 2017 for Funds Management by Best Lawyers in Australia. Peggy is also recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia for her expertise in Superannuation Law, Financial Institutions law, Investment Funds, and Investment law.