Arjunan is a litigation lawyer with demonstrated experience in providing advice and conducting litigation.
He undertakes a broad cross-section of work for both insurance and corporate clients, with a focus on insurance and construction disputes.
He handles complex disputes and advises professionals and insurers on litigated claims, policy coverage and disciplinary investigations.
Arjunan is a Senior Associate in the Insurance Law & Litigation and Construction teams at Lander & Rogers.
Prior to coming to Lander & Rogers, Arjunan worked at a global international law firm in the litigation and regulatory team.
Arjunan's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity;
- construction and engineering disputes;
- disciplinary actions / investigations;
- complex contractual disputes; and
Arjunan's experience includes advising/acting for:
- the building surveyor in the recent Lacrosse proceeding which concerned a 'cladding fire' caused by allegedly non-compliant ACP
- an insurer on complex indemnity issues arising out of a claim by a major financial institution, including issues of allocation, the operation of exclusion clauses, and the reasonableness of the settlement
- an insurance broker in the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
- a chief operating officer in a claim for reimbursement of a $1.4M progress claim, on instructions from an insurer
- a local council, on instructions from an insurer, to obtain a summary judgment (in part) of a statement of claim, which ultimately brought the proceeding against the council to an end.