Jamie is experienced in complex commercial construction disputes and acts primarily on litigious matters for insurers, architects, engineers, builders, building inspectors and surveyors.
Jamie has a broad litigation background and has acted for some of Australia's largest corporates in complex and protracted litigation across both various state and the federal jurisdictions. He has a keen interest in commercial construction litigation and is careful to provide efficient and pragmatic advice to both construction and insurer clients.
Prior to coming to Lander and Rogers, Jamie worked for a national law firm in corporate recoveries and acted for some of the nation's largest financial institutions and accounting firms.
Jamie's areas of expertise include:
- commercial construction and engineering pre-litigation advice;
- commercial construction litigation and dispute resolution;
- corporate insolvency advice;
- corporate recoveries and security enforcement.
Jamie's career highlights include advising/acting for:
- a global insurer on a complex indemnity trial in the Federal Court of Australia arising out of the high-profile Opal Tower cracking incident in Sydney in 2018;
- an international engineering company in respect of a cross-claim made against a fire engineering consulting subsidiary for alleged negligent fire engineering advice. The matter was initially filed in the Federal Court in Brisbane in 2017 and remains ongoing;
- an international construction company in extensive litigation alleging negligent construction and design of an apartment tower in Brisbane which caught fire. The matter remains before the Supreme Court in Brisbane.