Jessica is a senior associate in Lander & Rogers' Workplace Relations & Safety team in Melbourne. Jessica has experience in a range of advisory and litigious employment law matters for public and private sector clients.
Jessica provides advice on all areas of workplace relations law but has a particular interest in discrimination law.
Jessica has experience in a broad range of employment, discrimination, human rights, and occupational health and safety matters, with particular expertise in the public and education sectors.
Jessica's areas of expertise include:
- discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- occupational health and safety
- ill and injured workers
- employee disciplinary action and termination of employment
- workplace investigations
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Jessica was a lawyer with the Victorian Department of Education and Training where she gained significant experience representing various clients in both state and federal anti-discrimination jurisdictions as in-house counsel.
Jessica provides clear and practical advice in a timely manner and is a passionate advocate for her clients.
Jessica's experience includes:
- representing clients in conciliations and mediations in various state and federal jurisdictions, including the Fair Work Commission, Australian Human Rights Commission and Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- acting for a travel company in a successful defence of a stand down dispute brought by a union in relation to 12 employees who were stood down due to the impact of COVID-19 on the travel sector
- managing complex litigation brought by a former employee in the Federal Circuit Court following termination of employment that raised constitutional issues due to competing obligations and requirements under state and federal legislation
- managing a WorkSafe investigation and prosecution in the County Court following a tragic fatality in the workplace
- advising on numerous complex and significant discrimination and victimisation matters in the areas of education, employment and goods and services
- advising the Deputy Premier in relation to judicial review applications brought by a former state government employee who was seeking an investigation into current and former employees of a public sector entity
- advising various clients on a pro bono basis to manage issues with employees in their workplaces.