Lia is a Senior Associate and an Accreditated Family Law Specialist. Lia works across a wide range of areas including complex property settlements, children matters and matters involving family violence. Lia is passionate about her work and is involved in pro bono projects at the firm.
Lia has developed extensive family law experience including:
- property matters, including matters involving complex financial structures, litigation and alternative dispute resolution;
- complex parenting matters;
- Family Violence Intervention Orders;
- child support legislation and child support agreements; and
- financial agreements.
Lia's experience includes:
- litigation of a complex property and financial matter in the Family Court of Australia involving complex financial structures both here and overseas, including multiple trusts, corporate entities and significant disclosure issues
- litigation of a property matter in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia involving significant dissipation of the marital asset pool by one party
- management of a pro-bono project in partnership with Women's Legal Services Victoria in which Lander & Rogers assisted 30 women with small property matters on a pro-bono basis and assisted with the release of recommendations of policy reform
- careful resolution of a parenting matter in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia involving significant family violence allegations
- drafting submissions to the Australian Law Reform Commission with respect to their Family Law System Review.