Peter has more than 30 years of experience (including eight years overseas) in domestic and cross border corporate advisory and investment transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions (M&A), as well as private equity and joint venture arrangements.
Peter advises companies, boards, fund managers and family offices in public and private M&A investments, joint ventures and co-investing transactions and complex commercial arrangements.
Peter has broad sector experience including:
- banking and financial services;
- media and communications;
- transport & logistics; and
- real estate and infrastructure projects.
Much of his work involves issues arising in multiple markets, particularly in and out of, or between Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Peter spent more than 25 years with Minter Ellison and then DLA Piper. He has led offices, regional corporate practices and global client service teams.
Peter's experience includes advising:
- Number One Fertility and Dr. Lynn Burmeister in all aspects of the establishment of Number One Fertility, Number One Egg Freeze and Emerald City specialist independent fertility medicine practices in Australia
- QMS Media in its initial public offering (IPO) of eight independent out-of-home advertising businesses, and post-IPO expansion in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe
- Little Group in family office investments and advisory, including Melbourne Jet Base, Little Real Estate, Youniverse Solutions, LXS Scanning, Port Phillip Ferries, Little Projects and AgentPlus
- Qualspec Overseas shareholders in the sale of Qualspec group, including entities in Australia, Hong Kong and mainland China, to Worms & Cie SCA
- ANZ Bank in more than a dozen financial sector acquisitions or bids, including the custody division of JP Morgan Chase, Rentworks, Panin Bank (Indonesia), RBS Middle East (UAE) and Bank Central Asia
- DP World, through its P&O Maritime Services subsidiary, in the USD1B+ purchase of Topaz Energy & Marine Ltd shipping and ship building group from Renaissance Services SOAG
- Lazard managed funds investments, including Dun & Bradstreet Australia, Macquarie Radio Network, STW Group, Bluetongue Breweries, Sydney Pubs JV, Global Aviation Asset Management and Astra International Tbk
- Showtime in the USD1B+ merger of Showtime Arabia and Orbit subscriber television networks across the Middle East (Global M&A Network: M&A Deal of the Year for the Middle East, 2011)
- HRL Morrison & Co managed Public Infrastructure Fund LP, in purchasing a controlling interest in the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre from Plenary Group.