Lisa is a corporate partner specialising in technology, media, telecommunications, IP, data and privacy. She assists clients in commercial transactions and advisory matters including tech M&A, cyber security, data and privacy, procurement, business process outsourcing, cloud services, telecommunications regulation, digital media, data governance, IP commercialisation and corporate governance.
Lisa’s practice covers all aspects of technology, media and telecommunications, data, privacy and IP with a focus on emerging technologies, data services and cyber security. With over two decades of experience as a leading lawyer at top tier firms, Lisa’s experience includes advising established global businesses, scale-ups and start-ups, including fintechs, as well as governments and GBEs, in multiple sectors including financial services, insurance, bio-tech, retail, telecommunications, transport and construction in Australia and the UK. Her expertise encompasses data, M&A, technology procurement, privacy, data breaches and cyber security, business process outsourcing, infrastructure (construction, maintenance and access), product launches (including IoT), intellectual property, wholesale and retail supply.
Lisa’s experience includes:
- advising State government on major digital media services procurement
- advising the national broadband network project on operations, outsourcing, procurement and regulatory matters
- advising on FTTC technology and launch for the national broadband network
- advising Big Four banks on major data and privacy matters including on the specialist subject of credit information and credit reporting under Part IIIA of the Privacy Act 1988
- advising major private sector telecommunications carriers and RSPs on regulatory and transactional matters
- advising foreign headquartered corporates on Australian regulatory matters including for products with connectivity and telecommunications components
- negotiating transmission services agreements for a range of broadcasting associations including the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Lisa is a former High Court Associate of the Hon Ken Hayne AC QC.